Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blue Thunder

Is GCSU Baseketball on the verge of tipping? I do not know the answer to that yet, but I know what I saw on Friday night. My Pr Administration class is doing a campaign for the Basketball team in hopes we will change the culture of the games and promote some attendance. Well, the average head count for the games in 2006 was around 700 people. The last game a few days ago obly had 300, but our Blue Thunder game had 1170! To say the least we were thrilled at the turnout.
It was actually a lot of fun promoting the event because of the blue tie dye on campus that everyone really seemed to enjoy and the body paint outside the game. I cannot say that I ever thought I would paint a stranger's body blue but in fact now I can.
When we first realized how many people had attended the game, my first thought was, "Is this a coincidence?" Then I looked at the crowd and the majority of the fans were wearing blue. Well our promo's told attendees to sport their blue gear so I think we really did make a difference. At first the campaign was another school assignment but after seeing changes starting to occur I am really getting thrilled about promoting the junk out of our next event!

1 comment:

Lauren Boyd said...

Based on the turn-out at Blue Thunder I think GCSU may see attendance at basketball games "tip" in the near future. Hopefully our campaign really is helping. I guess we will see at 80s on the 8th!